(updated January 06, 2022)
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do provide email proxy & relay to reduce unwanted mail.
- We link to third party sites – please review their privacy policies as we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which these sites contain a link.
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- data you post on our websites or send us directly or via other sites. Please do not post private data.
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you provide (e.g. email address, name, address, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- weblog data (e.g. pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies (e.g. keyword searches and “favorites” lists).
- data about your devices (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, general location derived from IP address).
3. Data we store
- We retain data as long as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely but make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about yourself by logging into your account.
|Data type||Where we got it||Why collected||Disclosed to|
|First and last name||User entry||Facilitating transactions and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale||Payment processors|
|Email address||User entry||Account creation, user-to-user and TexasOnlineYardsale-to-user communications and combatting fraud/abuse||No one|
|Phone number||User entry||User-to-user communications, combatting fraud/abuse, personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale||Payment processors and phone verification service providers|
|Mailing or street address||User entry||Account and post creation, TexasOnlineYardsale communicating with corporate users, facilitating transactions, and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale||Payment processors|
|Credit card data||User entry||Facilitating your transactions||Payment processors|
|Geographic location (latitude and longitude)||User entry, IP/geolocation providers||Personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale and combatting fraud/abuse||No one|
|Photos and other data you voluntarily provide, post on or send via TexasOnlineYardsale||User entry||Facilitating and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale||No one|
|Saved searches, account preferences, favorite/hidden postings||User entry||Facilitating and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale||No one|
|HTTP browser cookie||User's browser, CL web server||Facilitating and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale and combatting fraud/abuse||No one|
|Information about your device and browser such as device ID, browser version, operating system, plugins||User's browser, mobile app||Facilitating and personalizing your use of TexasOnlineYardsale and combatting fraud/abuse||No one|
|IP address||User's browser, mobile app, IP/geolocation providers||Combatting fraud/abuse||Service providers that help us combat fraud/abuse|
|Web page views, access times, HTTP headers||User's browser, mobile app||Combatting fraud/abuse||No one|
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets to another company.
- in aggregate or summary form, as long as it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
5. California Users:
To learn more about the California Consumer Privacy Act and how it applies to you, please visit the California Attorney-General's website.
Right to know: You have the right to request that we disclose the data we collect, use and disclose, and other information relating to data we collect about you.
Right to delete: You have the right to request the deletion of data that we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to non-discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for exercising the rights listed above.
You may submit a request to know or delete via email@example.com
Only you, or someone you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete your data. An authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by providing written permission signed by you.
We will need to confirm your identity before processing your request by asking you to log into your existing account (if you are a registered user) or by asking you for additional information, such as a government-issued ID, to confirm your identity against information we have already collected.
If you are a registered TexasOnlineYardsale user under the age of 18, you may request (via firstname.lastname@example.org) and obtain removal of content or information publicly posted on TexasOnlineYardsale. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of said content or information from the Internet.
Texas Online Yardsale respects your privacy and intends to remain transparent about any personal data we store about individuals. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), EU citizens and residents may request the deletion of personal data stored on our servers.
Contact us here to request the deletion of your account and relevant personal and private data. You will be required to authenticate ownership of that address and may be asked to provide additional identification or information necessary to verify the request.
Use of sites by minors – The sites are directed only to individuals who are permitted to share their Personal Information without parental consent and we request that all other individuals (including individuals under the age of 13) not provide Personal Information through the Sites.
International Users – By visiting Texas Online Yardsale or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect for purposes listed here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States. For more information please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com.